Sunday, September 04, 2005

Confusion and The Shawshank Redemption

Hey TNT... The Shawshank Redemption is a good movie. I get it. You don't have to play it every 15 minutes.

The latest is I once again roused myself from bed sometime around 2:00 in the afternoon today... not good. The reason it's not good is this; I will more than likely be returning to work this week, and getting up at 7AM again is going to be something I'll need to get used to again, but I guess all that really depends on the hand job guy. That still makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong... it's not like I haven't been working, just not in the conventional sense of the word. I haven't been out seeing clients and doing the work that I'm actually paid to do, but I've typed about a zillion words on this stupid site. Go ahead... bookmark me. It's O.K., really.

Honestly, you would think that a little 3 week getaway from work would be awesome. Hell, when I left the hand job guy's office I was kind of psyched... I can sleep in, watch TV, do pretty much whatever now that I don't have the work shackles securing me to my world of paperwork, store owners and a minivan. What I didn't immediately realize was the simple fact that there's not a whole lot that I can do with a broken and extremely painful thumb. You wouldn't believe how much you miss your thumb when you can't use it. I can't hold a golf club, I can't shoot hoops, I can't play PS2... anyway, suffice it to say I am actually looking forward to getting back to work, believe it or not.

For now, I gotta run... Andy Dufrane is just about to crawl through 500 yards of raw sewage. I can't bring myself to miss that.

Until next time...

R

No comments: