Friday, January 06, 2006

Just because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character.

Well, my loyal readers, it's come to my attention that there have been several requests for photos of the "new" corner apartment, so because I'm such a nice guy, I'm going to actually post a few. However, before I get into that, I just have to proclaim my love for Sirius Satellite Radio. It's just about the coolest thing I own (except for the cork things that I made). It's not only got Howard Stern starting on 1/9, but it also has about the best station on the planet; Radio Margaritaville. It makes my day SO much easier. If you don't have it, get it. You're missing out. I've heard people say, "you've got to be retarded to pay for radio." Just wondering, do you have cable TV? Yeah, thought so. Shut it.

Also, before I get into the pictures, I have to write a little something that I'm extremely happy about. Yesterday, Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson announced that Marv Levy will be returning to the Bills organization in a GM capacity. Those of you that are Bills fans have to love this. In case you can't recall, Marv is the guy that coached us to four consecutive Super Bowls. Now, granted, we didn't win a one of them, but a tremendous feat nonetheless. The thing about Marv's appointment that I was really impressed with wasn't so much his sharpness and overall knowledge (the guy ran track at Harvard for crying out loud), but really what his vision was for the team. He said, "this team will be built on players with character. You can be extroverted, but still not have character. If you have ability but not character, you're going to lose." Guess we're not going to see the likes of Terrell Owens or Ray Carruth donning a Bills uniform any time soon. Not that the Bills have had problems with that in the past... well, I can think of one guy; he wore #32, graduated from USC, was the first NFL running back to gain 2000 yards in a season, and allegedly killed his ex-wife and a waiter that had a penchant for wearing a do-rag. Don't get me wrong, whenever I saw that picture of the waiter with the do-rag, I got a little annoyed at this pretty boy, but I don't think I could go O.J. on him. I'd like to smack that thing right off his head... Orenthal took another tact. Anyway, he played for the Niners after the Bills, so I'm going with that California air getting to him, and not the snow covered tundra of Western New York.

Regardless (I think I use that word too much on this thing), you gotta love a GM that puts character at the top of his list for players that will don his organization's colors. I think that's the kind of thing that gets overlooked way too much in sports, and really in anything today. I may not be the most beautiful thing in the world, but I am proud of my character. I don't cheat, I don't steal, I don't lie, and I don't screw people over. I have been known to bluff occasionally in poker, but of course there's usually a good chunk of money on the table. Character kind of goes by the wayside when I've got a boat with Aces over Kings.

Anyway, I'm sure you've heard/read enough about the importance of character, so without further adieu, here's the pics. See if you can see a color scheme here. It shouldn't be too hard.


So there you have it, and yes, I know it's 9:30 on a Friday night, and I'm home, and I'm typing, and I'm not out... but there is a reason. One, I have a bunch of work to do, and two, I think I have a tapeworm. Seriously.

The reason that I think that I have a tapeworm is because yesterday I couldn't stop eating and I was hungry all freaking day. Today, before I got to work, I stopped and got my standard coffee and doughnut, and thought I was going to puke all day. Maybe I have malaria.

Moving on, I think I'm going to sign off and see if there's something I can do tonight. My buddy J (who has a great blog, by the way... check it out here) is having a couple people over for cocktails, and I think they might make the trip downtown to my neck of the woods. I said I'd try to come over or meet them out, so I think I just might do it. It'd be a good reflection of my character. Think I'll leave the do-rag at home, though.

Until next time...

R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous new place! Happy New Year Chard!

Anonymous said...

Richy has a Great place and is a wonderful host. He had Me and J over the other night to hang. Thanks Richy.......

be well