Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Welcome to NY, Johnny. Here's your T-shirt.

I gotta be honest here. When I first heard that the Yanks got Johnny Damon, I was a little skeptical. I mean, I've hated the guy for the last 3 or 4 years... how can I just turn my feelings on and off like that... especially about my beloved Yankees? Well, I guess the only thing to do is welcome Johnny with open arms. After all, he cut that mop of a haircut, shaved off that beard, and actually looks like a professional ball player. He's making the effort, so I guess I can too. As a matter of fact, I found a t-shirt that I just purchased in Johnny's honor. You can get yours here.


Ahhh... feel that? Just another way to stick it in and break it off, Red Sox fans. Good luck with that whole filling in the gaps in your lineup thing. As it stands now, the schlep roaming center field for the Red Sox is Adam Stern. Here's some quick stats on Mr. Stern. He was a standout player at the University of Nebraska, was 2nd team All-Big 12 in 2000, and Academic All-Big 12 in 2001. He hit .321 in 20 games on rehab assignment for Triple A Pawtucket. Sounds like some good stuff, right? By the way, he hit .133 for the Red Sox last year. Best wishes, kid.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I like Johnny Damon in the Yanks lineup. He seems like a good clubhouse guy. He's the one that came out and said, "hey, we're just a bunch of idiots." He's one of the best leadoff hitters in the game, and his addition certainly makes the Yanks the team to beat in the AL East.

Again, welcome to New York, Johnny. The new hairdo looks great.

Until next time...

R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want this shirt but i can't find it anywhere !!